Created in 1998, the Swiss Distance University of Applied Sciences (Swiss Distance UAS) offers nationally recognised Bachelor and Master's degrees as well as a range of further education courses in economics, information technology, law and health. By allowing students to study anywhere and at their own pace, the Swiss Distance UAS enables students to combine work, family and study.
The Swiss Distance UAS has regional centres in Zurich, Basel, Bern and Brig. It employs over 100 full-time and more than 400 part-time lecturers who focus on conveying subject-specific knowledge in a practice-orientated tuition to a total of about 2300 students (as of 2018). In 2004, the Swiss Distance UAS became an affiliated school of the Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI).
The Swiss Distance UAS offers degree courses in applied sciences based on blended learning. This means that about 80% of the formation takes place through supervised distance study, while the remaining 20% is done at the regional centres in Zurich, Bern, Basel and Brig. By offering innovative courses that combine different types of e-learning with traditional education methods, and by training professionals without removing them from their jobs, the Swiss Distance UAS has closed a gap in the Swiss educational system.
Integrated Digital Marketing
Adj. Professor and Professional Lecturer
University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Italian Switzerland (SUPSI)
Daniela received her PhD in Economics in 2002 and her Master in Economics in 1997 from University of St. Gallen. Her areas of expertise at SUPSI are Marketing, Sales Marketing, Key Account Management.
Program Director M.Sc.BA major Innovation Management
Distance University of Applied Science Switzerland (FFHS)
Ute received her Master in Economics from the FU Berlin in 1996. Her areas of expertise are Investment Management, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Digitization. She initiates and leads various projects in digitization.
Senoir Lecturer and Coach
Distance Universîty of Applied Science Switzerland (FFHS)
Armon holds a PhD in Economics and a Master's degree in Applied Psychology from University of Zurich. He has broad psychological-, research and teaching expertise in marketing, statistics, research methods and behavioural economics, and helps to realize various projects in digitization.